vendredi 28 juillet 2017

Belgian Renault ACG1 – Renault ACG1 belge (diorama part 3 - the house)

Hey everyone,

Here's a small update of the work achieved this week. I finished painting the details of the Diodump house. I thought about using oils to weather it but I decided to use a product I had never used before: Vallejo's Game Inks. I used them diluted and I'm quite happy about how it turned out. These inks are very heavily loaded in pigments but flow quite easily into all the recesses. I used them thinned with water to achieve the same level of transparency as with oils. Watch out: these inks dry a lot faster then oils once applied on the model.















 
HAPPY MODELLING!
 

dimanche 23 juillet 2017

Belgian Renault ACG1 – Renault ACG1 belge (diorama part 2 - the tank officer)

Hey everyone,

A little update of the dio in progress. I finished the painting of the Belgian tank officer and installed him in the turret of the tank. Its a figure from Blitz Kit that come with the kit when you buy theBelgian version of the Renault ACG1 tank. It was a very brillant idea from Blitz since Belgian soldiers figures are quite hard to fin. Thank you for this Blitz Kit! I hope you'll make other WWI or WWII Belgian vehicules and figures (here are some ideas: Minerva armored car, Latil M2TL6, Brossel TAL, C47, T13 :-)) ! It was entirey painted with acrylics (Lifecolor and Vallejo).

Enjoy the pics!












 HAPPY MODELLING!

mardi 11 juillet 2017

Belgian Renault ACG1 – Renault ACG1 belge (diorama part1)

Hey everyone,

Again... a long time without publishing again...
I started working on the dio for the Renault ACG1 tank, I made the paved road and the pavement with foam board and used Miniart accessories and a Diodump building.The Diodump building is a really nice one and needs very little cleaning before assembling and painting. Unfortunately I droped the highest part on the ground and it broke into two big pieces and a bit of dust..... Nevertheless I repared it and managed to put it back together... but it took me some time to make the disgracious joint between both parts disapear because it's made in a kind of ceramic / plaster material. I primed the road and the pavement with Humbrol paint and the hous with Vallejo Primer.The road received then a first acrylic black wash and I painted the house with different Vallejo colors. The next step will be the painting of the different accessories and details, add a variety of different hues to the paved road and weather the house.
Here are some pics of the base and an idea with the tank on it. I will also add 5 figures to the scenery but that's for later.

Enjoy!
















HAPPY MODELLING!