vendredi 23 décembre 2016

Belgian Renault ACG1 – Renault ACG1 belge (painting part2: Belgian khaki camo)

Hey everyone,

As I promised, it didn't take long before taking the ACG1 to the painting booth. I tried to get as close as I could to the Belgian khaki color. This was the only camo color that existed in the Belgian army in 1940. It's a color that is actually between Olive Drab and Brown.
First I mixed Tamiya's Olive Drab (XF-62) with Dark Yellow (XF-60) and some drops of Hull Red (XF-9) and I diluted this mix with about 60 to 70 % of Tamiya's Lacquer Thinner. The result was a bit too greenish to my taste so I decided to spray a brown "filter" (paint diluted with about 90% of lacquer thinner) made of Flat Earth (XF-52) on all the model.
The rubber of the suspension and the wheels were brushed with a mix of Vallejo Black and Vallejo Panzer Ace's Dark Rubber and the exhaust was brushed with Panzer Ace's Dark Rust.

Here are the pics of the result. The two last ones represents the only last surviving T13 tank preserved at the MRA (Musée Royal de l'Armée) of Brussels on which you can observe the color that I tried to achieve.

Next step: spray some varnish and setting the decals. Stay tuned!!!!


dimanche 18 décembre 2016

Belgian Renault ACG1 – Renault ACG1 belge (painting part1: black and white technique)

Hey dear reaeders,

I'm back in the game and really eager to finish all the projects that I started and that I left on the shelf unfinished before I started the renovation works at home. After the Mercedes L4500A, I decided to tackle down the Renault ACG1. It will be part of a dio with 5 to 6 figures and a house from Diodump.
 I started the paint job by priming the model with black and then grey Vallejo primer. After that I sprayed some Tamiya white on the panels that are the most exposed to the sun and afterwards I brushed some Vallejo white paint on the details exposed to the sun. I then used a wash made from Vallejo black paint mixed with glaze medium and water around the nuts and bolts and in the panel lines.

Next step will be to spray the belgian khaki on this work letting the preshading effect appear under the paint. Here are some pics, the last one shows the figures that will be used on the dio.

Enjoy and stay tuned!


mardi 25 octobre 2016

Diorama: The Cutie and the Beast - part 3: diorama finished

Hello all,

This is my latest dio. I happy I managed to finish this dio because it's been such a long time I haven't finished any model that I couldn't even remember the feeling of satisfaction of finishing a model.

I hope you'll enjoy the pics. Don't hesitate and feel free to leave comments or constructive criticisms.


dimanche 16 octobre 2016

Diorama: The Cutie and the Beast - part 2: the base

Hey all,

Again... it's been too long since I posted something... busy life apologies.

I managed too find some time these two last week to tackle the last part of my dio with the Mercedes L4500A and the Simca. I built the base of the dio using foam board for the cobblestones road and plaster mixed with water, withe glue, paint and pastel powder for the earth. The road sign is scratched from balsa wood and plastic card, the grass (see: how to make grass), the plants and the flowers are home made. The cat is a reference from Mantis Miniatures.

Stay tuned: next week I'll finish the dio by fixing the vehicules and some accessories.

Here are some pics: